Who we are
The Modern Slavery Partnership for Hampshire and the Isle of Wight is a multi-agency partnership. It was set up by Hampshire Constabulary in 2013 and is currently funded and chaired by the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner. It is supported by a steering group of up to nine separate agencies and is co-ordinated by the Medaille Trust.
Steering Group Members
Hampshire & Isle of Wight Safeguarding Children Board
Click on one of our partners to be directed to their website.
Alternatively, should you wish to volunteer with one of our partners, go to the Contact Us page!
Working together to fight slavery and support victims of slavery in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight.
Achieving this by implementing the Government's Modern Slavery Strategy within Hampshire & Isle of Wight:
- Pursue: Prosecute and disrupt individuals and groups responsible for modern slavery.
- Prevent: Prevent people from engaging in and being a victim of modern slavery.
- Protect: Strengthen safeguards against modern slavery by protecting vulnerable people from exploitation and increasing awareness of and resilience against this crime.
- Prepare: Reduce the harm caused by modern slavery through improved victim identification and enhanced support.
We want to equip the community with the skills, knowledge and tools to be able to:
- Identify modern slavery in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight
- Support potential victims of modern slavery
- Support the police in ensuring that the perpetrators face appropriate consequences for their actions
- Disrupt, disable and eliminate modern slavery in Hampshire and the Isle of Wight altogether
We will do this by:
- Facilitating the space to enable partners to network and share resources and ideas about how to achieve the aims of the partnership
- Providing resources and materials to make it easy for partners to educate themselves on the issues and seek further advice
- Providing bespoke awareness training and conferences to ensure all in our counties have a high level of understanding of the issue of modern slavery
- Providing a Single Point of Contact (SPOC)
How we work
The Modern Slavery Partnership is a collaboration between various agencies and sectors, as well as other businesses and parties who have pledged their support. We have produced an overview document that outlines the basic partnership structure and gives an overview of of our vision and how we work.